- The Northeast District Council (NEDC) is a collection of almost 20 neighborhood associations in Northeast Seattle.
- The NEDC meets on the 1st Thursday of each month, from 7:00 – 9:00 PM at the Wedgwood Presbyterian Church (8008 35th Ave NE). There is usually not an August meeting, and on rare occasions meeting dates are changed due to holiday. All meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome.
- For more information about NEDC, please go to our Seattle Department of Neighborhood’s Page:http://www.seattle.gov/neighborhoods/districts/northeast.htm
- Map: Click here to view a map of the Northeast District
Mission: According to the Department of Neighborhood’s District Council web page: The city is divided into 13 neighborhood districts. These districts grew out of a 1987 Seattle City Council resolution to promote, support, and involve citizen participation at the neighborhood level. Each district has a District Council which is comprised of representatives from community councils, nonprofit organizations and business districts. The councils provide a forum for consideration of concerns and for the sharing of ideas for solutions to common problems. To ensure that city programs and services are responsive and reflective of the needs and values of its neighborhoods, field staff known as Neighborhood District Coordinators serve as the community’s liaison and resource.
Click here to see a map of the 13 District Councils.
Website & Blog: This website aims to offer information about the Northeast District Council’s meetings, member groups and structure. The blog posts share information on our events and meetings, as well as activities, meetings, and events in NE Seattle. Some of these items are of interest city-wide, including proposals for changes to City of Seattle policies and plans, and transportation planning issues in the greater Seattle area. These are gathered from a variety of sources, and NEDC does not necessarily endorse any of these events or groups, our goal on the blog is primarily to share information with the larger community.
Groups active in NE Seattle can submit information for an upcoming meeting or event to NEDC on the Contact page, if they want to share it on the NEDC blog. Please submit information 3 weeks in advance. NEDC reserves the right to not post any submitted information for any reason. Please include a name and contact email for the primary person submitting the information in case we have questions, we will not share this in the blog post. Please also submit complete information on:
- sponsoring organization
- name of event
- contact info for more information – this can be a link to a website, a name and phone number (to be posted on the blog) or a name and email (to be posted on the blog)
- please indicate if people should RSVP, and if there is a cost to attend
- any other relevant infomation
This website was developed by Gabrielle Gerhard, on behalf of NEDC, in 2014, using the Twenty Twelve Theme from WordPress.com