Seattle Parks and Recreation encourages community groups to apply for funding from the Major Projects Challenge Fund. The Seattle Park District funding initiative will provide up to $1.6 million per year as a match to fund a significant improvement or expansion to an existing Seattle Parks and Recreation facility. To apply for the funding match any community group can submit a two page proposal letter that outlines their project and funding needs. The application letters are due on March 31, 2016.
An application process will prioritize community-initiated projects that have a parks-and-recreation mission, encourage public access, leverage non-City funds, and are on a Seattle Parks and Recreation property and/or a Seattle Parks and Recreation owned facility.
- January – March 2016 – Public outreach
- March 31, Proposal letters due
- April – May 2016 – Staff review of applications
- June 2016 – Park District Oversight Committee review and recommendation to Superintendent
- July 2016 – Funds awarded to project. Projects will be managed by SPR.
For more information and to review the funding criteria go to http://www.seattle.gov/parks/projects/ParkDistrict/default.htm or contact David Graves at 206-684-7048 or email@example.com