The 2009 Seattle Housing Levy expires at the end of 2016, and Mayor Murray has proposed renewing and expanding the levy to provide $290 million over seven years for affordable housing.
The City is seeking your input during February at a number of Community Conversations.
- East Seattle:Feb 18, 6:00 – 8:00 pm at 12thAve Arts (1620 12thAve), with Capitol Hill Community Council and Capitol Hill Housing
(Meeting will focus on tenant rights, HALA, and the Housing Levy proposal)
- North Seattle:Feb 20, 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Lamb of God Church, 12509 27th Ave NE with Lake City Neighborhood Association
(Meeting will primarily focus on HALA and the Housing Levy proposal)
- West Seattle: Feb 23, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Senior Center of West Seattle (4217 SW Oregon St) with Southwest District Council
(Meeting will focus primarily on the Housing Levy proposal)
- Central Seattle:February 24, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at IDEA Space (409 Maynard Ave S) with SCIDpda, Interim CDA, and CIDBIA
(Meeting will focus on the Housing Levy proposal and the Mandatory Housing Affordability program)
- South Seattle:Feb. 25, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at New Holly Gathering Hall (7054 32nd Ave S) with SouthCORE, Southeast District Council, and Greater Duwamish District Council
(Meeting will focus on the Housing Levy proposal and HALA)
Comments, or requests to present, may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2016.
Please take a short survey to provide your input on the Mayor’s initial proposal for the the 2016 Seattle Housing Levy. Take the survey.