Early work hours planned for Wednesday-Friday, July 15-17
Crews building the U District Station are planning to begin work around 6 a.m. Wednesday through Friday, July 15-17. Crews will be excavating the light rail station box, pouring concrete, and hauling materials offsite using Brooklyn Avenue NE.
The City of Seattle has approved a temporary noise variance to perform this work between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. No high impact noise activities (such as jackhammering) are scheduled to take place before 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m. for this work.
What to expect:
- Excavation activities at the ground level of the light rail station box
- Use of the conveyor system to bring dirt from the excavation area to street level
- Loading and hauling dirt on Brooklyn Avenue NE
- Concrete trucks accessing the site from the southeast gate on NE 43rd Street
- Noise from equipment operations (crane, excavator, drill rigs, concrete pump, trucks, bulldozer)
Excavation of the light rail station box is about 99 percent complete. Excavation will be completed in July.
24-hour construction hotline: 888-298-2395
You are subscribed to U District Station updates. You may unsubscribe from this alert at any time.