SATURDAY, MAY 30:
Brooks Trailhead 10 and 15K: The run formerly known as the Emerald City run goes around Lake Union with its start and finish in Gasworks Park. The 10k/15k race starts at 8 a.m. and goes westbound on N Northlake Way to N 34th Street, and then southbound on the sidewalk on Fremont Avenue N over the bridge. 15k course continues under bridge westbound on the Ship Canal Trail to Seattle Pacific University, makes a U-turn on 13th Avenue W and returns to the bridge. The course continues around Lake Union southbound on sidewalk of Westlake Avenue N, eastbound on Valley Street, northbound on Fairview Avenue E, eastbound E Roanoke Street, northbound Yale Avenue E, eastbound on E Edgar Street, northbound on Yale Terrace E, eastbound on E Hamlin Street, northbound on Fairview Avenue E, eastbound on Furhman Avenue E, northbound across the University Bridge on west on the sidewalk, westbound on NE 40th Street, southbound on 7th Avenue NE, then westbound on the Burke Gilman Trail to Gasworks Park. The race ends at 10 a.m. About 2,575 people are expected to participate. http://brookstrailhead.com/
Celebration Birth of Buddha: The parade begins at 9 a.m. at Hing Hay Park and travel to the Red Apple Parking lot at 23rd Avenue S and S Jackson Street. Parade goes northbound on Maynard Avenue S to S Jackson Street, then eastbound on S Jackson to 23rd Avenue S. About 900 people are expected to participate.
Check Your Privilege Rally: A rally for social justice in the University District begins at 8 p.m. on 17th Avenue NE between N 45th St and N 47th Street ending at 11p.m. About 325 people are expected to participate.
SUNDAY, MAY 31:
Fit 4 Life 5/10K Run and Walk: The run starts at 10 a.m. at 2nd Avenue W and W Harrison Street and travels southbound on 3rd Avenue W to the W Thomas Street overpass, through Myrtle Edwards and Centennial parks, returning eastbound on the overpass, northbound on 3rd Avenue W, eastbound on W Republican, southbound to finish on 2nd Avenue W. About 500 people are expected to participate. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/fit-for-life-5k-10k-runwalk-tickets-16538619456?aff=ebapi
MARINERS AT SAFECO FIELD:
- Thursday, May 28, Mariners vs. Cleveland, 7:10 p.m. start. About 20,000 people are expected to attend.
- Friday, May 29, Mariners vs. Cleveland, 7:10 p.m. start. About 33,000 people are expected to attend.
- Saturday, May 30, Mariners vs. Cleveland, 7:10 p.m. start. About 34,000 people are expected to attend.
- Sunday, May 31, Mariners vs. Cleveland, 1:10 p.m. start. About 31,000 people are expected to attend.
SOUNDERS MARCH TO THE MATCHES: Pre-match marches on Wednesday and Sunday (see below) from Occidental Park to Century Link Field starting at 6 p.m. The route goes southbound on Occidental Ave S, westbound on S King St, southbound on Occidental Avenue S to CenturyLink. About 700 people are expected to participate.
SOUNDERS FC AT CENTURYLINK FIELD:
- Wednesday, May 27, Seattle Sounders FC vs. Colorado at 7 p.m. About 35,000 people are expected to attend.
- Sunday, May 31, Seattle Sounders FC vs. New York Red Bulls at 2 p.m. About 36,000 people are expected to attend.