The City of Seattle is asking for your input on how Seattle should grow over the next 20 years, with 70,000 new households expected by that time. You can have input to the planning process. Visit the “online open house,” click through the slides and read about the plans, and give your feedback. By JUNE 18!
Attend the open house and public hearing on May 27 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City Hall.
Or click on the “online open house” link below, learn more and submit your comments.
How Should Seattle Grow? You Tell Us!
The City of Seattle has released the Seattle 2035 Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for public review and comment. The Draft EIS looks at four different ways that Seattle could grow over the next 20 years, and potential impacts to the built and natural environment. In addition, the City has also released an Growth and Equity Analysis, which looks at ways to minimize impacts to low-income people, people of color and English-language learners and ensure that everyone in Seattle benefits from growth.
“Seattle’s new Comprehensive Plan will be our blueprint for a more walkable, livable community,” said Mayor Ed Murray. “Race and social justice must be a foundational value as we update our plan. In the coming years, we need to encourage healthy growth and prosperity for all our diverse communities.”
Over the next 45 days, you can check out the Draft EIS and Growth and Equity Analysis and provide your comments.
Here’s what to do:
- Click here to visit our online open house and take the survey
- Attend our DEIS open house and public hearing on May 27 to chat with us in-person and ask questions
- Send us your comments by June 18
How to submit comments on the Draft EIS
We want to hear from you! Here’s how to comment on the Draft EIS:
- Email: Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Send comments to the City of Seattle Department of Planning and Development, Attn: Gordon Clowers, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 2000, PO Box 34019, Seattle, WA 98104
- In person: Attend our open house and public hearing on May 27, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City Hall and provide a comment in person.
All surveys and written comments must be submitted by June 18, 2015. Written comments will be addressed in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS), which is scheduled to be released in fall 2015. Feedback received will help inform future goals, policies, and guide how Seattle grows over the next 20 years.